8 Questions We Get Asked About Retractable Seating
There are a few reasons why you might be interested in a retractable seating system such as being wowed by the smooth transition of a venue with a new seating unit or you’ve been looking at your hall and thought you need to improve how you’re using the space for your audience. Whatever your reason, retractable seating is a very attractive option being both practical and aesthetically pleasing. However, upgrading to a Retractable seating system may seem daunting, especially if you’ve only ever used Fixed Tier Seating but it doesn’t have to be. Here at SIS Global Seating, we’re focused on providing our customers with professional expertise so below are the 8 most common questions we get asked about Retractable seating:
What venues can retractable seating be used in?
Retractable Seating can be used in:
- Sports Venues
- Primary & Secondary Schools
- Conference Halls
- Concert Halls
What is retractable seating?
Retractable seating is, essentially, tiers of seating that close away like a chest of drawers to create additional space.
What’s the maximum possible capacity with retractable seating?
This will depend on the size of your facility or venue. However, SIS can estimate this for you with an inspection, and the ergonomic design of retractable seating means that you’re guaranteed an effective seating solution!
What type of floor does retractable seating need?
We appreciate there are a number of different floor types used in the venues we’ve mentioned above and customers are often wondering whether there’s is suitable for our systems. Here are the most common floor types we provide retractable seating for:
- Sports Floors - Your floors in gymnasiums and sports halls are going to be designed for exercise & activities. We can happily provide our space-saving seating although your floor may require reinforcements to handle the movement.
- Hard Floors - These are the most common and suitable flooring for our systems. While hard floors are usually ideal for retractable seating, we’ll need to review yours for tolerance.
- Marmoleum - This brand of linoleum is generally ok for retractable seating but again, we’ll require some checks.
- Carpet - This is of course one of the most popular flooring choices for most venues. While it isn’t recommended to use retractable seating on carpet floors, it is still possible. Be sure to ask us how we can provide our system without the wheels causing any issues to your carpet.
What industry standards apply to retractable seating (UK)?
- All SIS retractable units comply with BS EN 1090-1:2009 +A1:2011 & BS EN 1090-2:2018 – Execution of Steel Structures and Aluminium Structures. All SIS retractable units have their respective CE Marking Certification (please see Accreditations).
- SIS has CHAS Certification (Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) – SSISP (please see Accreditations). SIS has Constructionline Certification – Gold Member – Construction Supply Chain Compliance – SSISP (please see Accreditations).
- SIS Global Seating has been officially certified and operates an accredited ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System (please see Accreditations).
- SIS Global Seating has been officially certified and operates an accredited ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System (please see Accreditations).
These certifications mean that everything that SIS Global Seating design, manufacture and installs meet with these high exacting standards.
Does retractable seating need servicing?
It’s recommended that you get retractable seating structures serviced about once a year for maintenance. You can view the SIS Servicing Options Here.
Is retractable seating noisy?
This depends on the Retractable Structure Design, but our systems aim to minimise noise with efficient assembly.
How safe is retractable seating?
Perfectly safe! Our reinforced mechanisms ensure that our systems are protected against any of the possible issues like the erratic movement of users, jumping, or general repeated use of the system. Of course, with any piece of equipment with moving parts, it’s key to uphold regular servicing and maintenance from our experienced professionals.